• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New So. Cal. Member

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone, just joined the site yesterday and thought I should say hello and mention what a great site this is.

I just recently picked up a 1965 Kaiser M109A3 and am converting it to a motorhome on the inside only...outside will be all MV.

Love the info on here and can't wait to meet a few fellow MV owners (also have a buddy with an M35A2 that joined yesterday).

Bill

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Nice to have another MVer in SOCAL. I have a M109A3/M35 - pretty much a M109 with the bog ripped off and a bed put on. :)

BLK HMMWV

Welcome

Yes nice to have another So-Cal MV in the ranks.
I've only been a member here for a few months.
I've met a few members that are local to me .

Lots of info here.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Good to see another So Cal person. We might outnumber the east coasties...eventually ;-)

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you must be one of the other 2 people that made offers on it?

Has a lot of rust that I have to deal with, but that will just make the completed project that much more special (that much more work).

wsucougarx

I inquired about the truck but saw the cancer on the upper edges of the box and got scared. That cancer would definately turn to leprosy here in WA state:-0. Plus the whole CA CDL thing and not being able to take 6-8 weeks off to take the truck drivers class for the CDL kind of put a stop on that idea. I would love to get a CDL just for the knowledge but need to get that time off to do it. WA state now makes it a requirement for classroom instructions unless you have a company involved w/trucks that can vouch for you. Don't think I'll find one of those working in a pharmacy

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are more than 8 of us! Can't wait 'till the next dez run. Tehachapi is comming up! WooHoo!