• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New starter and a couple of questions.

Rrent

My plan was to replace the starter and have -what I guessed was- the original rebuilt. I prefer rebuilt originals.
What came off (picture) was the smaller gear reduction type. I read Chevy started using these in ‘88, so now I’m thinking this might have been a replacement and probably no need to rebuild, as it is not “an original”.
EBDA8E96-9AC3-4210-9806-6B584BD7CA26.jpeg2C3FC15E-3AC0-4356-9B84-F890F7191F18.jpeg

Barrman

The military switched to the reduction gear starter so it could be "original military". Make sure the bracket is installed and tight.

Rrent

The military switched to the reduction gear starter so it could be "original military". Make sure the bracket is installed and tight.
Yep - bracket is 100%. I don’t guess it would hurt to have it rebuilt and on the shelf.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks