• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Steel Soldiers Admin/Webmaster!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Admin, AGAIN

This site took me some time to get used to, I was not used to this type of a forum, only a chat type forum.

I acclimated in a few weeks and personally I like the site. It is human nature not to change whats comfortable.

I am also known to speak my mind. Maybe 1-2 small changes a week, not the whole site in 1 day...!

Also of note: If you upgrade your account they change your password, thats what happened to me. I was locked out for 2 days without a courtesy e-mail explaining the password was changed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Admin, AGAIN

This site took me some time to get used to, I was not used to this type of a forum, only a chat type forum.

I acclimated in a few weeks and personally I like the site. It is human nature not to change whats comfortable.

I am also known to speak my mind. Maybe 1-2 small changes a week, not the whole site in 1 day...!

Also of note: If you upgrade your account they change your password, thats what happened to me. I was locked out for 2 days without a courtesy e-mail explaining the password was changed.

Your password was changed since I used it to log in to verify what was going on. The reason you had issues is because you tried to purchase the vendor and the paid member accounts. The vendor account succeeds the paid member account. (It gives access to the classifieds plus the vendor forum) To put it simply, you acquired two sets of security. The board didn't know how to handle this conflict and simply locked you down.

80+ other members have managed to upgrade without problems, it was just the varible of competing profiles that hosed yours. Rayzer had PM'ed me for you. I had PM'ed him back since you weren't able to log in.

My personal email is patracy @ gmail.com (take out the spaces) if anyone else has problems logging in.

3dAngus

Put in a zip code requirement, send out an email to "all" and request they update their user profile with zip code, and there should be some software out there to help you out with ranging info based on that.

One of the problems is, the one sending out a SOS would probably not know what zip code he is in with the breakdown, so he would have to contact someone else to send in the zip where he is, or someone online would have to look it up based upon his directions to where his broke down MV is.

Just thinking out loud here...

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ADMIN,

I hope you don't mind my constructive criticism.

Check this out. I can't change fonts or size. What do you think caused this..?

Here is my Avatar:

islandguydon
Supporting Vendor
Steel Soldiers Vendor

Why are there two references to VENDOR..? Why is even there at all. Everyone on this site has something to sell. I think if you advertise VENDOR there are tax implications. Why not just leave this blank and just leave it the way it was...? At least on mine.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
will there be a vendor specific forum we can see where they sell stuff that's not mixed in with the classifieds?
It's already there.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vendor-forum/

Now I feel Electronically challenged. I just spent 5 minuets in the CP and I have no idea what your talking about..? What 3rd line..?
Sorry I checked the permissions, I had skipped over enabling that for the vendors, check now. Third text box from the top will be for custom title.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't work, please just remove Both references to Vendor and place it back to normal.

Thanks, Don

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update folks, you might be missing the quick reply at the bottom of threads. I've been battling all night with an issue related to it using WYSIWYG and AJAX. In the mean time I've disabled it until I get it working again. Please bear with me to get this resolved. The Add reply button still works though.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Update folks, you might be missing the quick reply at the bottom of threads. I've been battling all night with an issue related to it using WYSIWYG and AJAX. In the mean time I've disabled it until I get it working again. Please bear with me to get this resolved. The Add reply button still works though.
Ummm...that splains a few things...so I'm NOT as stupid as I look!!! YAY!!!!:grin:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update folks, you might be missing the quick reply at the bottom of threads. I've been battling all night with an issue related to it using WYSIWYG and AJAX........
Good man, that is NOT so good... :???:
Seriously, we need you to recharge your batts, save energy and be ready for the real BIG issues, when they come...

Personally I've never felt that that "quick reply" feature was of any advantage vs. the normal "add reply" ???

Thanks for your hard work![thumbzup]

G.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I shouldn't have to ask this but are you backing everything up on a regular basis? Easy to overlook the little things.

;-)

A

A/C Cages

mail

Since you are all computer savy in here, Why is it my computer tells me ( You've Got Mail )
I go outside to my mailbox and its always empty.
{scratching my monkey head here}

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are all computer savy in here, Why is it my computer tells me ( You've Got Mail )
I go outside to my mailbox and its always empty.
{scratching my monkey head here}
The whole Monkey-Mailbox visual caused this recovery from GOOGLE IMAGES.....

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for bearing with me everyone. I've struggled with some javascript issues today on the site. Quick replies and all the javascript related items (drop down menus, lightbox image display, some of the staff utilities, drop down list on a user's profile) are back up and running again. I still need to address some issues with the visual formatting around the quick reply box and user profile postbit. But it's functional.

I'm going to knock off for the day. I got 2.5hrs sleep last night and haven't been away from a bathroom most of the day. :cry:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When they work on our company site it usually takes a few days to work out the bugs, I am told baby steps are required. Thats why I mentioned before, NOT ALL IN 1 DAY. This way there is less stress for you and for the forum. Thanks for all your efforts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks