• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Steel Soldiers Admin/Webmaster!

indy4x4fab

Banned
patracy, just wanted to say thanks for cleaning the place up and to keep up the good work, you are doing a better job at this then I think any of us could, (hint, hint me).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Trying to add a little more functionality to the classifieds. I added a new posts link that will ONLY search the classifieds for users. I also made the old classifieds link a little easier to notice.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also added a "New Ads" link at the top of the page in the nav bar if you just wanted to jump into the classifieds that way.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm able to delete without problems on my account and test accounts. How exactly are you trying to delete them? Check box in the listing of PMs and drop down delete messages and go. Or in the PM and telling it to delete? I did see that the purge setting wasn't enabled in the premium membership group, I've updated that entry now.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question for Patracy..

I posted this message on bug out and the links fail to redirect. Is this a new forum rule..?

I was looking up EMP again to revisit shielding on a new construction Pole Barn, Footings are all 10" eye beam through upper trusses. The structure roof is standing seam steel 14" spread. Installed a total of 8 ground rods throughout. Connected by acorn clamps and a 1/2" copper strand.

An electromagnetic pulse (sometimes abbreviated EMP) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation. The abrupt pulse of electromagnetic radiation usually results from certain types of high energy explosions, especially a nuclear explosion, or from a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges.
In military terminology, a nuclear bomb detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device. Effects of a HEMP device depend on a very large number of factors, including the altitude of the detonation, energy yield, gamma ray output, interactions with the Earth's magnetic field, andelectromagnetic shielding of targets.

To many links,

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
An electromagnetic pulse (sometimes abbreviated EMP) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation. The abrupt pulse of electromagnetic radiation usually results from certain types of high energy explosions, especially a nuclear explosion, or from a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges.
In military terminology, a nuclear bomb detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device. Effects of a HEMP device depend on a very large number of factors, including the altitude of the detonation, energy yield, gamma ray output, interactions with the Earth's magnetic field, and electromagnetic shielding of targets.

T

testuser

In military terminology, a nuclear bomb detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device. Effects of a HEMP device depend on a very large number of factors, including the altitude of the detonation, energy yield, gamma ray output, interactions with the Earth's magnetic field, and electromagnetic shielding of targets.

testvendor

Supporting Vendor

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've tried it with a normal user account, my admin account, and a vendor account. I can't duplicate it.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The links now seem to work, I don't understand when you say " I can't duplicate it"

Anyway thanks for letting wikipedia in, this is a good source.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't done anything except go to your wikilinks page and copy and paste that same text under different accounts.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks