• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new stuff...

well...sort of.the trans is almost ready to go in(96' 4l-80).and a used rust free hood from an 86' suburban,to replace the one that developed a nasty crease.the transfer case will be a 79 np-205,rebuilt by myself.it'll get hooked up as soon as i get the courage to try and drag the thing out of my basement.to much ice outside to risk a slip.i need my back right now.I'll be using a Compushift controller for the trans.

it's coming along pretty well.Overdrive by spring!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What can you tell me about the Compushift unit? I', looking for a controller for my pickup so I can get away from the DS-4 electronic injection pump.

compushift...

the compushift transmission controllers are independant,stand alone controllers.they can control iether GM or ford "electronic" transmissions.The kit can vary in complexity,depending on the options you order.It's very complete...the kit comes with a tps standard,and a remote programmer is optional...but not required.it dosn't even really need a tach signal to function.you can program shift speed and shift firmness as well.

hooking the unit up to the trans is easy...it's going to take a little work to rig up the TPS,as the 6.2 never had one.luckily the kit is complete.the reason i chose it is for it's lower(notice i didn't say cheap) cost compared to others,it's complete nature, and it's adaptability to my needs,large tires etc.you don't have to buy a separate lap top to program it either.if it knows the weight of your truck,and you chose to run a tach,it can act like a g-meter and calculate things like HP to ground, quarter mile etc.it also has a data logging feature.(requires the display)

WWW.compushift.com

Attachments

86k10

RE: compushift...

Hey that's a nice looking trans you got there. I have to ask though why the 4l80, I'm going to take the lazy way for my 1028 and use a 700. It'l do everything I need it to do and then some, I'll even be able to tow in 4th when I'm done and I doubt the ole 6.2 has enough power to tear it up. Besides it takes nothing special to make it work. I'm an old school kind I don't care for all the electronic BS nowadays. It will only need one 12v wire to for the lockup, that's my kind of simplicity. Now that I've seen yours I'll have to paint mine all nice when I'm done too, and hopefully when yours truly gets it built and in, it doesn't have any major leaks.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You have a f-lift in your basement? edit, nevermind, that's for the t-case! I hate when I do that.

CCATLETT1984

sweet, and take care lifting that thing into place, might want to use a seperate jack on the tcase besides a trans jack. String a chain under it loop it around the frame; that way if it falls , you wont be hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks