• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New summer project! "Rosie"

Heyitsmike

Really big 5 year old update! Still got it, still driving it, still working on it, still haven't painted it

I will say I think it looks much better with canvas.

True to Land Rover form, has a few issues popping up this year. Hopefully will have time between my other projects and this "quarantine" to get some done on the truck!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

R3Fab

Hmm, rumor is that there are only about twenty 101's in the U.S and maybe a dozen in Canada.
Fellow I got mine from had three, I think I saw a post here of someone else with three.
I know of one in WA and another in TX, there may be another in Las Vegas.
I'm wondring how many of them are members here, and how many are actually driven as mine is?

Another Ahab

Hmm, rumor is that there are only about twenty 101's in the U.S and maybe a dozen in Canada.
Fellow I got mine from had three, I think I saw a post here of someone else with three.
I know of one in WA and another in TX, there may be another in Las Vegas.
That's a pretty small club, if you've got the numbers right.

That's cool.

Heyitsmike

That's a pretty small club, if you've got the numbers right.

That's cool.
It's a 75!

I'm surprised I know of as many people as I do. About 6 or so in the new England area not including myself. There were only about 2600 made world wide though, so if you don't live in Europe you'll have a hard time spotting one.

Also to answer your question, the 101 is billed as a "one tonne", but the plate says it'll carry a 2500 lb payload. Originally, it would have pulled a 105 mm canon and the ammo and crew to man it

R3Fab

Mine carried four Rapier AA missiles and towed the launch platform.
Apparently the winch was used to carefully position the launcher, not sure why positioning was so finicky.

Another Ahab

Mine carried four Rapier AA missiles and towed the launch platform.
Apparently the winch was used to carefully position the launcher, not sure why positioning was so finicky.
If "careful" was important, you're right:

- Wonder why?

You'd figure a rocket, as long as it can out and up, the guidance system would make it all good, you know?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks