• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Supercharged and Intercooled HMMWV kits!

JimDu

Hello,
Any updates on the supercharger kit?
I’d rather do that than a turbo, for a bunch of reasons.
2001 M1035A2. Don’t want to lift the body or lose ground clearance…
Thanks!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Any updates on the supercharger kit?
I’d rather do that than a turbo, for a bunch of reasons.
2001 M1035A2. Don’t want to lift the body or lose ground clearance…
Thanks!
Welcome to the SS forums!!
It appears this is a dead subject.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whipple supercharger is the way to go. I have an extra one in storage.

There is also an Australian company that makes a supercharger with intercooler for 6.5.

Also, there is a site sponsor who makes a turbo kit for HMMWV 6.2 and 6.5.

Support site sponsors!

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This OP is a site supporter last seen Jan16, 2024.

Perhaps someone should PM or Email him.

911joeblow

We are on hold with these kits. Though a great system and very well engineered, the cost to build these and the supply of the specific supercharger are both hindrances to moving forward. The market is very small and the investment to move into production looks to require up to a 10 year recovery in the investment. So for the time being this project is on the shelf. Two possible remedies are another supercharger that is similar in capabilities and a lower price, and/or a change in the demand sufficient to justify the investment.

JimDu

Bummer.
Thanks for the reply, though.
Maybe if we had a ballpark idea on price, folks would be able to say whether and when they’d be interested. Maybe make deposits? Then you could build and sell batches? Good supercharger and turbo kits, in general, seem to go between $5-7k. Is yours way more than that?

911joeblow

We are more like $10K+. We make an entire intake manifold out of solid billet aluminum, custom water/air intercooler, billet pulleys, custom front mount cooler for the intercooling, electric ducted fans, PWM fan controller etc. It is an amazing set-up but most guys have a hard time spending what they bought their truck for on a supercharger. If these were for new Super duties, or Raptors this would be a no brainer.

Bummer.
Thanks for the reply, though.
Maybe if we had a ballpark idea on price, folks would be able to say whether and when they’d be interested. Maybe make deposits? Then you could build and sell batches? Good supercharger and turbo kits, in general, seem to go between $5-7k. Is yours way more than that?

JimDu

We are more like $10K+. We make an entire intake manifold out of solid billet aluminum, custom water/air intercooler, billet pulleys, custom front mount cooler for the intercooling, electric ducted fans, PWM fan controller etc. It is an amazing set-up but most guys have a hard time spending what they bought their truck for on a supercharger. If these were for new Super duties, or Raptors this would be a no brainer.
Yup, I see what you mean. That’s a lot, compared to the total price of the truck. And I kinda overplayed for mine! With the fans and such, is it fording kit and actual fording compatible? Thanks for your responses. Been wondering about this for a while…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks