• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New T813 Owner

MarcusB

As you can see it's has some rust around the front of cabin. Doors are a little rusty as well. Ideally a new cabin would be ideal but any cabin parts would be a start. The doors are repairable but if there are better condition parts available then that's the way I would like to go. Has got 7500km on the odometer the running gear is good. Would be such a shame to see this beast go to waste.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As you can see it's has some rust around the front of cabin. Doors are a little rusty as well. Ideally a new cabin would be ideal but any cabin parts would be a start. The doors are repairable but if there are better condition parts available then that's the way I would like to go. Has got 7500km on the odometer the running gear is good. Would be such a shame to see this beast go to waste.
A little rust gives it character! Heck, a squirt of paint would dress it up if you wanted to - but it isn't required. That is a heck of a truck though!!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That definitely is a brilliant starting point. If it is mechanically ok, there is not much wrong with that beast (apart from the fuel consumption).

Front door would set you back about 350 €. Shipping an entire cabin over there would cost you a fortune, but I can ask if you want.

That rotted strip between front window and grill plate, is that a fixed part of the cabin or part of the movable grill plate (or whatever the official name)?

MarcusB

That definitely is a brilliant starting point. If it is mechanically ok, there is not much wrong with that beast (apart from the fuel consumption).

Front door would set you back about 350 €. Shipping an entire cabin over there would cost you a fortune, but I can ask if you want.

That rotted strip between front window and grill plate, is that a fixed part of the cabin or part of the movable grill plate (or whatever the official name)?
I would definitely be interested in a price to get a cabin. I'm not sure about that piece under the window. I think it is part of the cabin itself but it's pretty much non existent.

I have been trying to look at as many pictures of good condition ones as I can so that if worst case I can copy them to fix the current cabin. It is a fairly straightforward design.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately not. I don't think anything from the 2 models are the same but See what you can find anyway. I really appreciate your help.
It's amazing how much we help each other out!! Different Nationalities, different States, different trucks......most work together to help the next member out, get out of ourselves and help those in need......pretty good group here......👍

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep looking, but a 813 double cabin is simple not on the market in this part of Europe anymore. Some 815 single and double cabins, but not 813.

A completely rusty rotten T813 kolos would now set you back here anything between 8 000 EUR and 15 000 EUR, anything half decent will go for well over 20K.

K692

How are thingies goin with the lil girl?
Going great. Got in touch with the Mfk (MOT or TÜV) and finally could use my Vacation to get few things done.

First i converted the front ''Grill'' weldet new struds where the indicators where, widened the hole on the passenger site for the air intake and close a few holes on the Bumper (and repaint the whole Bumper)
Tatra Front.jpg

Mounted new Headlights: constructed inserts for the original Headlamp Case and welded everything together, so the original case are the same but now with Full LED Headlight, Indicator and Daytime running Lights.

to get the cooling right on the LED modules we made the inserts perforated and i remove the back of the Original headlight case.

( the modules are watertight up to 1.5m)
Headlamp Cage raw.jpgHeadlamp Cage assembled.jpgHeadlamp Cage assembled side.jpgHeadlamp Cage Painted.jpgTatra Front new Headlights.jpg

Thanks to my father, he made new switch sticks out of wood. in the meantime i dissasembled every switch, clean and relubricate them

Refurbished Switches.jpg

Last week i gutted the cabin and cleaned the floors, rust proove and sealed them with a rubberish paint.
Tatra Cabin left brushed.jpgTatra Cabin left Painted.jpg

Last Saturda i meet up with tooFATtoDRIVE, we had a good chat and changed some steering parts (thanks and was nice to meet you)

Since then i took out the windows and start removing the Paint on the Cabin.

Tatra Front Window removed.jpg

Sadly its raining like crap this week so adapt, and pressure wash the hole lady again since its raining anyways ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

K692

I asked a friend to provide me with some 2x2x6cm steel to weld it on the mirror mounting plate since i couldnt get the mirrors seperated from the mounting.
Mirror steel.jpg
He's a crazy dude, his words when he brought me the new mounting brackets: '' I'm not going to made you a simple, square and crappy looking steel part its under my dignity!!''
so i ended up with this:
Tatra Mirror bracket.jpgTatra Mirror bracket back.jpg

Last edited:

tooFATtoDRIVE

Hello everyone.
Few weeks back I travelled to meet Kuso (I am now based in the same country) to see his Tatra 813 truck, chat and help a little with the refurbishement.
I must tell you all, he is super cool guy, really chilled, no-drama type of person!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks