• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New tires and one piece aluminum wheel pictures

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but I thought I would throw it out there for folks that have questions or want options. These are Firestone MT2 tires. They balanced great and ride IMG_0923.jpgIMG_0922.jpgIMG_0926.jpgIMG_0925.jpgIMG_0921.jpgvery, very nice. This probably doesn't make much sense but I can now feel the suspension working. My sweet spot has also moved to around 50 mph now.

DatGuyC

Sweet, I actually just modified the centers of some same style h2 wheels last night to run on my truck. Can't tell what tire size you have on there but I'm planning on running 40's with my 2" body lift. Can you post larger pictures because those are super tiny.

Sintorion

Are they forged? If not they probably are under rated for the Humvee wheels weight capacity. They look nice, but just be aware if you ever carry any weight.

DatGuyC

The GVWR of the hummer h2 is greater than the GVWR of a regular m998 so I don't think its too much of a problem as long as you don't plan on running tons of armor.

Last edited:

Sintorion

The GVWR of the hummer h2 is greater than the GVWR of a regular m998 so I don't think its too much of a problem as long as you don't plan on running tons of armor.
GVWR of an H2 is 8600lbs. GVWR of a m998 is 10,300lbs. The aftermarket 16.5 wheels for a H2 are usually in the 2000-2200lbs range. That is 2000lbs less of what you need on a m998. The forged wheels that you see on a H1 are 4500lbs. That is the reason you shouldn't go with H2 wheels. Now, that isn't to say that they won't work and you can't use them. You just have to be aware of the lower limit. You go to HD and get a pallet of concrete, you might be in trouble with the H2 wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks