• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Tires

svlsmokey

I'm sure this has been covered here before but I didn't find anything searching...

New tires needed for the M2018. It has 235-85-R16's on it right now. One blew out the other day and I'm looking for at least 2 new ones. Any recommendations? I need something with a good weight rating - lots of firewood being hauled in the bed. Is there any benefit of going with a larger tire? Increased highway speed? Should I even consider retreads? Thanks for any help.

Brett09

I have a pair you can have for free to get you back on the road. They still have a good amount of rubber left. You could get maybe 40k plus out of them. Send me a PM and we can figure out how to get them to you if you're interested.

1waterdog

I just went to the 255/85/16 Thats a tall skinny 33.3 x 10" tire. It is as big as you can get without any problems. It only drops RPM's about 100 at 55 mph but it really helped me off road. I use my truck for wood also and the only down side is it raised the bed 1" higher to put wood in it.