• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New tires!

Lax

It has been a while since I posted here but I need to pass the word on a fantastic outfit in Northern PA to get tires, parts and work done on any military vehicle. For honesty sake I don't work for them, I'm not getting anything for saying this and I did not know them until the minute I drove into their yard but they are friends now. The outfit is named KUBLO'S SURPLUS and Ken Sr. and Ken Jr. were awesome to work with.

It took me about 4 hours to drive there from Upstate NY but it was worth it. I took off my duelies and went Super Single as you can see and they are great. Ken Jr. set me up with a complete set of Michelin XZL 365/80 R20s. I was going to flip the hubs but when Ken showed me what he can do without flipping the hubs I was sold. I like staying as "stock" as possible. He just goes singles and dishes the rears out. The rears are about 2 inches outside the fronts but I can live with that as they will still be far better for snow (Buffalo, NY - Syracuse,NY) then the old duelies. Besides they look cool that way. And the best news is that with some special pushing and shoving and little magic we were able to mount a spare XZL which I have never seen anyone do before but was REALLY impotant to me. I do not like not having a spare tire with me at all times. Now I have one!

Here is how good Kublo's is. I spoke to Ken Jr. by phone a week or two before the trip. I promised I would be there on the day we agreed and he had all the tires mounted on rims and ready to go when I got there. I pulled up and parked. They pulled off the rears, put on the new tires and I was ready to roll. But before I left they went through all the fluids and refilled and adjusted everything (including the parking break) and pointed out a couple small broken parts. Which they gave me for free for buying the tires from them and making the trip. Where do you get that kind of service anymore??

I don't work for the Kens and I'm not related to them but when you deal with an outfit that is so honest and good to fellow SS member everyone should know about it. These kind of guy are what keeps the Steel Soldiers brotherhood strong.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

Lax,

Good looking truck, and nice new shoes! The numbers on the side of your hood, are those your initials or something? I mean I see that you board name is LAX and it says it in the hood, also, is the 91101 a september 11th thing? There is another deuce out here that has the same number on his hood, but he said it was like that when he bought it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.......................................Ken Jr. set me up with a complete set of Michelin XZL 365/80R20s..........
IF.... those in fact are 365/80R20 and not 365/85R20, then your tires are MPT, same size and type as the A3's 14.5R20. And you will find MPT written on the sidewall, next to the size and elsewhere.

The good news: that is the best all-around type and size tire you can put on a Deuce...!
The bad news: they are mounted on the wrong wheels....!!! Sorry...

You will find related posts like A, B; C; D; E and many more... if you put MPT wheels or MPT tires in the search machine.... or simply google it!

Also worth reading, this short thread...
Be careful and please inform yourself, for your own- and everyone's safety!

G.

pinzgauer pete

I met Kenny awhile back when I wanted a 5 ton steering wheel for my deuce..He has a nice shop, a good inventory of trucks and parts and this is a family owned and operated business...good people!!

Lax

SMOKEWAGON66,
Thanks for the nice words about my truck. Yes the LAX on my truck is related to my name and yes the 91101 is in reference to September 11 2001.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I was going to ask about the 365/80 too. Using the wrong rim puts pressure on the wrong spots of the tire.

Lax

The ride was about 300% better. With duelies every highway expansion joint bounces you right out of your seat. With these tires you don't even know you went over them. It was great and the truck was far more responsive to steering control with the new tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks