• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to CUCVs

BulletHead904

sorry for the newbie questions but here goes.

totally new to CUCVs and GM military vehicles and looking to get into an M1009. im coming from a toyota truck/landcruiser background so im wondering how the maintainability aspect is for these vehicles.

i see a lot of people selling them for 6-8k and im wondering if that accurately depicts their value, of course given they are in good condition. owners claim the odometers havent rolled over once and original 50-60k miles. is that possible?

i tried to read up on the FAQs but i didnt find a thread on common problems or common issues to check when looking at a used CUCV, is there a similar thread?

i look forward to purchasing my first CUCV and using it as a daily driver.

msoumas

Expect to pay no more than 4k for a pristine M1009. There are a lot of folks from Steel Soldiers around the NY/NJ area, so you can probably find one for sale around you with little trouble. As far as maintainability, you are talking about 20-something year old trucks and need to keep that in mind, so there will be a lot of unknowns. But assuming that you are relatively handy with a vehicle, there shouldnt be terribly much that you can't fix. Check out the classifieds section under "resources" at the top of the page and you might even find a few for sale near you.

Oh, and the mileage is possible, but watch out for signs that indicate wear beyond the odometer claims.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a rust free, just re-painted M1009 in NW GA for $3400 with around 50K on it. :wink:

CCATLETT1984

that mileage is seen quite often in these trucks (my m1008 had 53K when i got it) The blazer's where driven more, but that mileage is still very possible. These trucks are very easy to work on, with the exception of the starting system and a bit of electrical, they are a stock K5 Blazer with the 6.2L.