• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to forum from Lexington, KY

Waters

I think this is the place to introduce oneself; so here goes!

Found this forum a few weeks ago and don't yet own any military vehicles. I'm interested in either a CUCV or a M38 style jeep, but am leaning towards the jeep (simpler, more unique and easier to store!). I served in the USAF for a short time during OIF and OEF, and only have experience with military vehicles that aren't possible to easily own.

I've included a few photos from deployments of Maxxpro Pluses, a MATV, and up-armored humvees just to give you guys something to look at.

I would also welcome advice from people in the KY area, as I'd love to get a closer look into the military vehicle world. It'd be nice to actually see and ride in some of these things that I'm scouring the internet for.

Thanks!

Brent

Attachments

tommys2patrick

On rare occasions you see a training version of an MRAP or Buffalo etc. come on to one of the Auction sites we all follow. Usually plastic armor or similar. so, you never know how your dreams may turn out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome and thanks for your service. If you get up to Cincinnati, stop by and we can take the deuce out for a spin.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent,
Welcome from just west of you, Mt. Eden, KY. near Taylorsville Lake. Lots of CUCVs around, M38s may be a little harder to find. Have several trucks you can look at, fire up. Good group of guys just across the river, Kilroy Group of the MVPA.
JC

Waters

Thank you, everyone for the reception and the offers. I've got to say, this is a very friendly community and I hope to take you guys up on checking out your rides. Scar59, it's interesting you should mention Taylorsville lake. I was there just yesterday with my brother on an unsuccessful fishing trip.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Good luck on your vehicle search. If you are ever in the New England area drop a line as the 5 ton is always waiting to go for a ride.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks