• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to forum, new m1008 owner, GEN 1 issue.

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every cucv upon starting requires a blip of the throttle to get above idle speed to get the rpms of the alts high enough to start generating power.

From the -10 manual Item b. 4

IMG_9457.png

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to blip the accelerator to make the alternator spin fast enough to generate the internal voltage necessary to operate. All the excite wire does is switch on the regulator. The regulator is powered internally by the trio, the original regulators took more volts to start operating. The new regulators turn on immediately.

The driver side alternator, which I rebuilt on my M1028A2, starts generating once the engine starts. The original passenger side alternator has to have the accelerator blip to come on.

weaponoffreedom

New update........this trip, the "blip" did not work weird thing.....and back to less than 12v on the exciter.................I suppose the search continues in the wire, Guess there is still a bad connection somewhere.

annoying...........but will persist

I see the 12v conversion getting closer and closer.

weaponoffreedom

So a question. Today the light for Gen1 went back out, and I checked the voltage at Gen1, = a bunch of volts close to 50.

So, my question is, obviously the voltage regulator is bad or has went bad.............on the diagram for the charging system there is a DIODE drawn between the alternators......where on the truck is this diode. I would like to make sure that it is working before I put a new part on it.

Thanks

weaponoffreedom

So a question. Today the light for Gen1 went back out, and I checked the voltage at Gen1, = a bunch of volts close to 50.

So, my question is, obviously the voltage regulator is bad or has went bad.............on the diagram for the charging system there is a DIODE drawn between the alternators......where on the truck is this diode. I would like to make sure that it is working before I put a new part on it.

Thanks
nevermind I found it on the site on a different thread.

Man, this site is the absolute best for this information. Thanks to all you have a part in its information display.