• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to forum

beags86

hello all! i new to the steel soldiers website. i just wanted to stand up and introduce myself. i don't have any ex- military ride yet, but i am looking for a chevy 1008, 1031, 1028. and i have a bunch of questions.

how much should i pay forone of these trucks?
how do you guys get these trucks home?

now parts questions-
we'll start with the transfer case.. where can i get a pto for a 205 case, adapter plate and hydraulic pump?
-front axle... is there any chevy dana 60 out of these trucks for sale on the goverment sites?
-1008,1028,1031, did any of these trucks come with a dump bed on the back??

it's a lot of questions i know- just really getting my feet wet, i don't much about these trucks, trying to learn!! any help!!

thanks!!

hobie237

1. Depends on condition of the truck, relative rarity of whatever equipment is included, etc. I know you want a number to be tossed out, not gonna happen unless we can talk about a specific truck.

2. I drove mine home. But I bought it from a private party. Tow it, drive it, drag it, ship it, whatever. Same way you'd get any other vehicle that may or may not run home.

3. Junkyard? The internet? Not sure what you're asking here. It's a standard part in the civilian world that you can come by with relative ease. Of course you *can* buy a CUCV with a 205/PTO combo, or you can buy one without and retrofit the 205.

4. Occasionally, but not particularly regularly. Again, this is a common part in the civilian world, and front passenger side drop Dana 60s aren't exactly hard to come by, so why limit searching to government sales? I mean, any CUCV pickup will come with a D60 front. Once again, not quite sure what you're asking here.

5. I've seen a couple CUCVs with dump beds, but as far as I know, they were all retrofitted after the trucks were surplussed. I guess a unit here or there may have stuck on a dump bed for whatever reason, but I don't believe that there were any "official" variants of the CUCV pickups with a dump bed. I mean, when you have deuce and 5-ton dump trucks, a 1-ton dump truck seems kinda pointless.

beags86

1. Depends on condition of the truck, relative rarity of whatever equipment is included, etc. I know you want a number to be tossed out, not gonna happen unless we can talk about a specific truck.

2. I drove mine home. But I bought it from a private party. Tow it, drive it, drag it, ship it, whatever. Same way you'd get any other vehicle that may or may not run home.

3. Junkyard? The internet? Not sure what you're asking here. It's a standard part in the civilian world that you can come by with relative ease. Of course you *can* buy a CUCV with a 205/PTO combo, or you can buy one without and retrofit the 205.

4. Occasionally, but not particularly regularly. Again, this is a common part in the civilian world, and front passenger side drop Dana 60s aren't exactly hard to come by, so why limit searching to government sales? I mean, any CUCV pickup will come with a D60 front. Once again, not quite sure what you're asking here.

5. I've seen a couple CUCVs with dump beds, but as far as I know, they were all retrofitted after the trucks were surplussed. I guess a unit here or there may have stuck on a dump bed for whatever reason, but I don't believe that there were any "official" variants of the CUCV pickups with a dump bed. I mean, when you have deuce and 5-ton dump trucks, a 1-ton dump truck seems kinda pointless.

1. i am mostly intrested in the 1008/1028 pickup, i have drooled over the chassis componts for years.. then the 1031 for a heavy duty dump app.
i'll prob buy a non running truck.

2. mosty i mean how do you (if you can) ship a non running truck?
due to work and where most of these are at i would be unable to go get it myself and doubt i can afford for someone to get it....

3. i would like to get a pto pump for my 205 in my truck, and i didn't know if you guys knew of a hot spot to pick one up, or if someone on here had one for sale..

4. around my parts a chevy dana 60 is not really a common part, and if you do find one they go for $1000... i will not pay that, it's not worth that when the guy selling it only paid 150 for the rust bucket he pulled it from.. i just haven't found my rustbucket yet. i thought the goverment websites might be a place to get one the average mudder may not know about... plus i would think with all the dana 60s under all those trucks....

5. i understand about the dump, thing it makes sense, i just was wondering because i have always wanted a 1- ton dump.. would be handy to have around. just thought i would ask.. if i was to buy one why not make it heavy duty like the 1031.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks