• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to M35A3, Critique this Bobber

davidktx

I am new to deuces but interested in an M35A3 Bobber, any thoughts on this build:
It has: for 15K
M35A3 Bobbed 2.5 Ton Truck/Cat Engine w Automatic Allison Transmission
bob1.jpg bob.jpg
Hydraulic Front Winch
DOT Lighting on Cab and BedPower Steering
Will go 60 mph
24/12 Volt Reducer
Rear Hitch Installed
Military Type Spare Tire and Wheel
Locking Hubs Installed
Sliding Rear Window
LED Headlights
Locking Doors
Built by Boyce
ONLY 6K MILES FROM 1993
ONLY about 400 miles after rebuild
44 inch tires
Arizona Title Notarized ready to go

Thanks.

Edit: Okay, I guess I can't link to the ebay ad, but in general what are some things to watch for on M35A3 Bobbers? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The main thing and most important on buying any modified large truck is the workmanship. I know of one deuce bobber where the entire rear end (axle, springs and spacer was held on with 8 (four on each side) grade 5 9/16 bolts with less than 2 threads showing past the nuts and the nuts were on the top. It looked good from 10' away, also instead of cutting and flaring the rear air lines and putting the valves back on, the lines were cut with hack saw and rolled up and clamped shut with a vise grip.

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice, the owner certainly did some good work to it. But I'm not sure about $15k. Seems high, but if it's worth it to you then why not! I've only owned M35A3's that belonged to Uncle, so I don't know if removing the rear axle increases speed, but 60mph seems high. I'll bet that Cat is screaming at 60.

Last edited: