• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me 101A1

Greasy

Today I bought a 1968 M-101A1. Looks like i had a generator in it at one time, or was some type of lighting trailer. Still has mounting brackets, fuel lines and fuel tank still installed. I was looking for a trailer to pull behind my 1976 M-880. Found this one and the price was right. Maybe someone can indentify what it is/was?

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It's an M101A1 old school generator trailer, I am pretty it has a M37 gas tank. Brackets on the front are for grounding rods and fire ext. If the top of the fenders are full of holes it was for gas can brackets usually 3 per side. Nope it is more than that. Got Me!

Last edited:

Greasy

It's an M101A1 old school generator trailer, I am pretty it has a M37 gas tank. Brackets on the front are for grounding rods and fire ext. If the top of the fenders are full of holes it was for gas can brackets usually 3 per side. Nope it is more than that. Got Me!

Thanks for the idenification. Would the top bows and top cover from a 101A2 or A3 fit this trailer?

Do I restore as a Gen trailer, or remove all brackets and fuel tank and just use it? It is a tipper, and the brakes work. Are the parts impossible to find for the Gen trailer?

KsM715

Bows and cover for any 101a1/a2/a3 will work. It is just a standard 101 trailer that was modified by some unit for a genset. I would strip the excess and just use it as a trailer.

Parts are reletively easy to get if you stick around here long enough to figure out where to find them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks