• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me 1962 M416

Kaiserjeeps

After restoring a M416 for a local guy I decided it would be a nice thing to have. I found one and added a 4 wire harness and standard jeep tail lights fit in the same bolt holes as the original lights. I have run the heck out of my trailer bringing building supplies up to my new place in the sticks. I tow it with my CJ and it is a perfect match. I am considering a platform tent on top for camping. Altering nothing from original. These trailers are cool and generate just as many comments as my duece.

The gent I bought it from is looking for a m100.

Attachments

GGimbert

Last edited:

plym49

After restoring a M416 for a local guy I decided it would be a nice thing to have. I found one and added a 4 wire harness and standard jeep tail lights fit in the same bolt holes as the original lights. I have run the heck out of my trailer bringing building supplies up to my new place in the sticks. I tow it with my CJ and it is a perfect match. I am considering a platform tent on top for camping. Altering nothing from original. These trailers are cool and generate just as many comments as my duece.

The gent I bought it from is looking for a m100.
Is that a swing-out windshield on your CJ?

Kaiserjeeps

Yes it is. I have heard them called poachers windsheilds by old timers. Or ventilating windshields by the Early CJ crowd. It came on my jeep with a steel meyer cab hard top (which I promptly took off) and has survived 3 roll overs on the trail. I think I might be pushing my luck at this point. They leak badly. Peter Debella has the correct outer gasket and I just found them last year after looking for over 25 years. I have had the jeep 29 now.
There were a factory option. I have multitudes of books and finally found factory picture with a Kaiser CJ coming off the factory line with one being installed.
I don't want to hijack the thread. But I wanted to answer up.
:beer:

plym49

Yes it is. I have heard them called poachers windsheilds by old timers. Or ventilating windshields by the Early CJ crowd. It came on my jeep with a steel meyer cab hard top (which I promptly took off) and has survived 3 roll overs on the trail. I think I might be pushing my luck at this point. They leak badly. Peter Debella has the correct outer gasket and I just found them last year after looking for over 25 years. I have had the jeep 29 now.
There were a factory option. I have multitudes of books and finally found factory picture with a Kaiser CJ coming off the factory line with one being installed.
I don't want to hijack the thread. But I wanted to answer up.
:beer:
Thanks for the info on your windshield. I had never heard of that. Does the w/s still fold down? Will one fit a Jeep YJ? (square headlight). I tow my 416 with my YJ all the time. Thanks. John

joshs1ofakindxj