• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me 1988 M998 Humvee in Chicago

JoeJrTheBarber

Hey guys,

Joe Caccavella Jr. here reporting in. Just picked up a solid 1988 M998 about a month ago and was told to be a active member of this site. Hot rod / Motorcycle guy by trade and have always wanted a Humvee / H1 since I was about 19 years old. Took a few years but took delivery of the M998 on my 38th birthday. Also have a few Harleys and a 1955 Bel Air hardtop..

Looking to be a active member of this site and show my build log along the way. Have some serious yet simple plans for the truck, first being lighting. After that I plan to address suspension, performance, and maybe even a Trans / Motor swap.

If anyone else is in the Chicagoland area hit me up. Would love to have a few buddies who own these trucks that I could go to for help..
Mural1.jpgBridge1.jpgNightMoves.jpg

BeachBum

Picked up the same exact model and year last month but still waiting for delivery. Unfortunately I’m in Southern California but looking forward to watching other people fix up thei machines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks