• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New (to me) Bobbed Deuce in Austin TX

Nooner

Well, I done gone and did it, swapped off a perfectly good 1983 CJ7 (that needed some work) for a Bobbed Duece that needs some work.

Specs:
1966 Kaiser
White Multifuel Engine and Whistler turbo
m105 bed
Stock Fuel tank is up in the bed

umm... that is probably about it. Needs work on the brakes, I am thinking I'll do the 1994 Ford bus rotor disc brake swap. Also needs a little bit of TLC for some of the other mechanical stuff like latches and whatnot.
The Bed isn't in super condition, it is pretty rusty, but nothing that a needle scaler and a good coat of bedliner won't address. I also plan to add an exhaust stack to it, and I'd love to hunt down some bows and a cover for the m105 bed... we'll see...

Attachments

hole

Welcome ! You've come to the right place for info/ help. By the picture, it looks like the batteries are on the drivers side? Are those just extras stored in the tool box or have they been relocated?

Nooner

Rory: I'd love to visit anytime, I'll send you a PM with my Address, I live in Round Rock, but work down off Bolm and 183.

As for the batteries... the PO pulled off the fuel tank and battery/tool boxes when he bobbed it. I don't really know how I feel about that, I think he was going for ground clearance. My gut is to either relocate them to the passenger compartment(which I feel kinda 'meh' about) or maybe to a comparment I can make in the bed. We'll see, need to give it a good going over. The trade was impulsive (for me), and the PO might've gotten the better end of the deal!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to go back to the stock configuration, I know someone nearby who will probably have all the parts.

Got your PM, sent you one back.

Cheers