• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M1028A1

corvette9

I'v been looking for CUCV for some time now.Last week I talked to Cucvrus and bought his M1028A1. He drove it up to me from PA to Ct about 230 miles yesterday. It was just what he told me. Excellent running. He proved that by driving it here.
Once it was in my driveway I looked under the truck and to my surprize not one oil leak, not even a wet spot. I checked the oil and it was full as it should be. It's nice to deal with a man of his word.

IMG_7261.jpgIMG_7262.jpgIMG_7263.jpgIMG_7269.jpgIMG_7271.jpg

corvette9

After him and his son left I pulled the truck into my shop to look over what I need to do to get it up to my standards. It dose have some rust but I have owned this body shop for 30 years so nothing I can't deal with. I already have my list and will be ordering parts Mon. morning.

I'm going to replace all body parts that it needs and re camo the truck so she looks like a lady again. Then the truck will go to my work garage at home to do what ever ft end, exhast, and any other mech. work she needs. I will also replace all int parts like the dash, rubber floor mat and have the seat redone with the correct covers. No mods at all I want her bone stock.

The old girl has seen better days but nothing that can't be restored.
I'm here at my shop now and I'm going to start the tear down right now. First the int. needs to come out then the pickup body will come off. I'll post pics as it comes along.

BG

Last edited:

cucvrus

Sir that is after driving it at 70+ MPH for the last 4 1/2 hours on the interstates to get it to you. I took care of that truck and used it hard. I did not abuse it. It rusted over the years and I did not have time to stop. I needed it on the job. I was raising a family. It was all I had and could afford at the time. Over the years I updated and bought new trucks (Chevrolets) they are much more comfortable. The M1028A1 had reached retirement age and I am glad it has a good new home. I look forward to your updates. It is truly living and driving proof that the stock systems in the CUCV can stand the test of time. Everything on the truck is as designed. I fixed things as they came up. I did not change them. 19 years is a very long time to use the same vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks