• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New (To Me) M35A2C

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1972 AM General M35A2C W/OW

My first Military Vehicle. I like it so far!

A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to own a military vehicle. Being that I was once a boy, and, like all boys should - I like trucks. And I like military trucks. The Deuce and a half was the obvious choice.

I really wanted to get a M35, but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, and at first, I was in full on "everything looks perfect" mode. Taking a step back, I drew up a list of what I wanted, and then, as if someone was watching, the "perfect" truck came up for sale.

I think I would like to pick up some lockout hubs, but I want to drive the truck more first. I'm biased, but I think its a very good looking truck.

Does anybody know what the bracket next to the stack in the last photo is?

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Cargo canvas is on correctly. The front has the two 1 inch webbing hold down straps. Truck looks outstanding!!! Great score, new CARC inside...nice!!!

GoHot229

1970 AM General M35A2C W/OW

My first Military Vehicle. I like it so far!

A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to own a military vehicle. Being that I was once a boy, and, like all boys should - I like trucks. And I like military trucks. The Deuce and a half was the obvious choice.

I really wanted to get a M35, but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, and at first, I was in full on "everything looks perfect" mode. Taking a step back, I drew up a list of what I wanted, and then, as if someone was watching, the "perfect" truck came up for sale.

I think I would like to pick up some lockout hubs, but I want to drive the truck more first. I'm biased, but I think its a very good looking truck.

Does anybody know what the bracket next to the stack in the last photo is?
"Took a step back and drew up a list"
Very sound thinking. Also knowing all the commotion it will cause with parking accomidations as far as neighbors are concerned. Walk lightly and use some possative PR with them, offer them a ride, let them get to like it, and talk of you as the neighbor with the 'SO COOL' Army truck. That will kill the 'BIG EYESORE' that some might come to think of it as. Theres always someone to feel they are watching out for the neighborhood, or is just a grump, catch them before that happens and make them feel included in the fun of having it there, and later you might not experiance all the negative feelings that so many other SS Members have encountered.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stonepicker1 is right, cargo is on backwards. It'll catch wind the way it is now.
Backwards or just layered incorrectly? I can see how having the front overlap the sides on the front end corners, and having the sides overlap the back at the rear corners would be better.

Orionspath

Endorphins rule! That is a great looking truck! I have got to tell you that you will not be sorry - ever! It has been about a year since I picked up my FIRST deuce! An '88 M35A2C. I have had more darn fun in the past year.......If "it" bites you as much as the rest of us, you'll have a winch, trailer and more by this time next year!
Did I mention that was a darn good looking truck? Enjoy------Welcome to the site.....Pete

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
congrats

Yeppers, I would have to agree!! Good looking truck!!! This site, and the gentlemen/ladies that are here are AWESOME!! Wise decision on the purchase criteria too! (all deuces are purty, some just shine more than others! lol) My wife loves ours! Neighbors, well they think it is a "novel" thing the "crazy" guy has! LOL (if they only knew) Good luck, welcome aboard! (they make trailers for these things? Hhmmmmmm, I wonder...................... ROFLMAO!):-D