• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M35A3, suggestions needed

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I definitely agree with HDN regarding the floor mats. I get condensation under mine along with some rain penetration. I took my mats out and cleaned up any rust and painted the floor with Rustoleum rusty metal primer really thick and then with Gillespie 383 green that matched the CARC color. I put multiple coats of the Gillespie 383 on as well, and then re-installed the mats.

Your truck looks really good. I hope you find minimal damage to the drive train.

HDN

I haven't pulled the doghouse mat out of my truck yet, but I'm not too concerned about it figuring that any moisture underneath it is going to flow down toward the floor. It's going to come out probably next spring so I can work on the tach sensor.

Your floor looks to be about the same shape as the one in mine. I haven't cleaned and painted mine yet, and might not for a little bit. The rust isn't bad!

HDN

I see what you mean now, different tread pattern! Someone is gonna pick em up though!
I took a closer look at the rim. I think that would go on an older 5-ton since it only has ten clamp ring studs on it - probably came off an M939A1 or A2. I think the FMTV wheels have 20 studs.

Looks like you have NDT, Michelin XML, and XL tires there.

HDN

An alternator/starter motor shop could probably service it for you if you don't want to dig into it yourself.

I just found the TM for the starter motor repair. I attached the PDF. I found this referenced in TM9-2320-386-24-1-2 General Support on PDF page 713.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks