• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me MEP-802A

Picked the generator up on Friday. Has a couple of broken wires, looks to be the coolant temp and not sure have looked into it yet.

Didn't look like it had water into the exhaust (came from MN), and the oil that came out of the drain was a nice golden brown. So I tried turning it over by hand and it turned nice and smooth. Time to order some new filters and see if it will fire up. Anything else I should look for or do before fire up?

mep2.jpgmep1.jpgmep3.JPGmep4.JPGmep5.JPGmep6.JPGmep7.JPGmep8.JPGmep9.JPG

Rebel635

Coolant! run the manual switch to crank for a few seconds to prime the oil system. Something in the fuel system will probably leak. An o-ring or a cracked fuel line.

You may or may not have to crack the injector nuts to bleed the lines and get it fired up.

Once running check for voltage and hertz, then do a load test. Ive had ****ty looking units make good power, and a real nice unit turn out to have been wet stacked. That one took a few hours of hard running to spit and burn up all the carbon out of the exhaust.

you can see the three missing wires off the coolant sensors lying down with the rest of the wiring loom. Two still have the spade connectors. No need to trace wiring that way.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks