• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new-to-me MEP-802a

willys2point3

Have you been able to give it a good load test?
Well, not in a scientific fashion where I knew the exact load that was on it, but I have powered 2 large chest freezers, 2 fridges, my well pump, a minisplit heat pump with 2 distribution units, and at least 500w in shop lights with it at once, for around 4 hours. I'm not sure my load meter works correctly, as it never got above 25%. The well pump and minisplit did not run continuously, but the genset did not seem to break a sweat.

robertsears1

Lowes sells something in the electrical area called a Kill A Watt EZ that you can plug into the duplex plug to get voltage and hertz If the gauges do not work. To get amps, you need a clamp on meter that does amps and clamp around one of the hot wires at the output lugs. I have a cheap Sperry that I got off eBay.

Robert, who has an aunt in Roxboro, counsin near Oxford, and the office is in Henderson (Roses) but haven’t been there for at least two years.

willys2point3

Nice to meet some local folks on here! @DieselAddict perhaps I can take you up on that offer some time... I do have a clamp meter, next time I test it out I can check the current on the leads going out of the unit. All the gauges do seem to work accurately except possibly the load % gauge. I just suspect I had more than 25% load on it, particularly with that minisplit heat pump running.

@robertsears1 I grew up in New Hill, below Apex. Went to Apex from pre-school through high school. It's been a decade or 3 since I was there though :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks