• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New (To me of course) 831-a

Just got it night before last. Brought it home and played with it some. This is my first item bought direct from the auction. (Buyng from the auction was no problem, Picking up from the auction is another story that I'll tell later)

3 questions for now.

1) It came with a battery. There is a tag on the emergency stop button that says the battery is "Dry charged" it looks brand new but without acid. My plan is to go to the auto parts store, get a container of battery acid and fill the battery. Is that the thing to do? Are there different acids to ask for? How much will it take?

2) The clamps for the battery terminals do not seem to want to get tight enough. Am I doing it wrong?

3) Is there an easy way to duct the exhaust? I want to install the generator inside an (unmanned) out building and duct the exhaust outside. Preferably this would be relatively easy to detach in order to move the unit to use in another location.

Thanks in advance!

Scoobyshep

1 That is a thing, it depends on the size of the battery
2 Battery clamps can be tricky sometimes, be 100% sure you are going the right way because in an ideal world the pos and neg terminals are a different size, or they are just wonkey terminals
3 flex hose, minimal bends and rain protection

Guyfang

Staff member
Just got it night before last. Brought it home and played with it some. This is my first item bought direct from the auction. (Buyng from the auction was no problem, Picking up from the auction is another story that I'll tell later)

3 questions for now.

1) It came with a battery. There is a tag on the emergency stop button that says the battery is "Dry charged" it looks brand new but without acid. My plan is to go to the auto parts store, get a container of battery acid and fill the battery. Is that the thing to do? Are there different acids to ask for? How much will it take?

2) The clamps for the battery terminals do not seem to want to get tight enough. Am I doing it wrong?

3) Is there an easy way to duct the exhaust? I want to install the generator inside an (unmanned) out building and duct the exhaust outside. Preferably this would be relatively easy to detach in order to move the unit to use in another location.

Thanks in advance!
Show me a few pictures of the battery, or give me the battery info. Who makes it. Part number, that sort of thing. I have a list of battery's that the army orders, and it might be on it. If so, then the amount of acid will be on the list.

Oh even if the building is unoccupied, get a CO monitor. Eventually youll have to work in there while its running and CO can sneak up on you
10-4! CO, heat and smoke with local and remote (inside the house) monitoring. Also considering an installed fire suppression system with some kind of emergency shut down when heat or smoke alarm goes off, a few minutes delay on the CO shutdown. I was going to ask about how to connect the shutdown in a later post once I figured out the rest of that part of the install.

Show me a few pictures of the battery, or give me the battery info. Who makes it. Part number, that sort of thing. I have a list of battery's that the army orders, and it might be on it. If so, then the amount of acid will be on the list.
I didn't pull it out to see if there are more stickers that might better identify it. I can if needed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks