• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to radios, need help to set up intercom & headsets

tcruwithme

Hello radio experts,

I recently picked up two Bose TriPort T5 headsets for a good deal. I want to set up a simple intercom system in my 1984 M35A2C so that the driver can talk to the passenger. I bought a used and untested AM-1780B/VRC off of EPay, and I bought two C-10456/VRC units from a different seller off of EPay. Am I on the right track? What cables go between the AM-1780 unit and the two C-10456 units? What cables connect the C-10456 units to the Bose TriPort T5 headsets.

I downloaded five manuals from the TM section, but I have not had time to read through them yet. I know how to read TMs very well, so I know enough to know I need a lot of time to figure this out. Any guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

tcruwithme

Ok. I read through TM 11-5830-340-12 and discovered I need CX-4723/VRC cables from the AM-1780B to the C-10456 control boxes. I got a couple of those off of EPay. Then I needed power cable CX-4720/VRC. Epay to the rescue again.

Now I need the cables from the C-10456 control boxes to each of the Bose T5 headsets. I could not find a cable with the correct connection on the headset side in the TM. Here are a couple of photos of what the Bose T5 connector looks like. Again, I am super new to this radio and intercom stuff, so please forgive me if I am asking dumb or obvious questions. Any guidance you can provide is appreciated.

20161129_105811.jpg

20161129_105748.jpg

hbcolf

Hey I've got many of the same questions as you, and I'm also wanting to install in a M35A2. Haha great minds think alike I suppose.

Through some research I have discovered that the Bose T5 headsets have a triport connector which is used in the "newer" VIC3. The AM-1780B/VRC & C-10456/VRC boxes that you've got are for the older VIC1. So the two are not made to connect really, as the VIC3 was the first of the digital(?) communications systems. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken, I'm new to this all and am trying to learn all I can.

This thread might be helpful they don't have a perfect solution yet, but they did propose some fixes, and they have several links to different products. So this could be of some help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks