• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to SS from NY

olly69

Just found your site! Awesome! Bought a 1970 M35A, don't know any lingo, don't know a thing about them, but I am excited to have one! I live in Southern Tier near Olean, just in case anyone is close enough to "learn" me a thing or two. I saw a trailer hitch on your site, need to make one to pull a 20' camper into the rough woods, off road. Any feedback on it? Thanks in advance. Awesome site.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard, since you stated you don't know anything about them, myself and many others will advise you to download the Tech Manuals (TMs) and become intimately familiar with especially the operator manual. You will love the truck I am sure.

olly69

Welcome aboard, since you stated you don't know anything about them, myself and many others will advise you to download the Tech Manuals (TMs) and become intimately familiar with especially the operator manual. You will love the truck I am sure.
Thanks for the welcome & manual advice. Only, which of the 47 should I read first#@! I downloaded a few, and some seem really helpful, so thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce manuals simplified! TM 9-2320-361-10 is where we will start. The TM of course means technical manual. 2320= wheeled vehicles. 361 is the series of manuals and -10 is the operators manual. I usually refer folks to the 361 series as there is only 5 manuals and a lube order. TM 9-2320-361-10 covers operations of the vehicle and associated kits. This should be #1 on your list. Also in the series is TM 9-2320-361-20 which is a unit maintenance manual. Covers easier repairs usually made at the unit level. TM 9-2320-361-34 is the depot overhaul manual. This covers in depth repairs. Any manual ending in P is a parts manual. In this case they are TM 9-2320-361-20P (unit parts) and TM 9-2320-361-34P depot parts. I would download all 5 but the -10 and -20 will be your best friends. Also check EBay and the likes for a paper version of at least the -10 operators manual. The -20 has fold out schematics in the appendix which are very handy.

jatonka

welcome from Upstate NY, I have a trailer hitch to die for that one of the Gun Truckers builds, it is super easy to hang on the Deuce, and is at least Cat 3 strength. Feel free to drive out and examine my herd and check out the hitch anytime, John Tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks