• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to ss picked up a 5 ton

m37dsl

Hello,

I have had military vehicles for some time now (m-37s and and m-35) but picked up a m54-a2 last weekend and figured i could find some good information over here. The 5 ton has a stuck motor and from what i can tell so far it is in the bottom end, good amount of heavy copper in the pan and with heads off no evidence of piston/cylinder failure. Will be pulling the motor out this weekend to get down to the exact cause and from what i have gathered so far it is just easier to find another motor in good shape to throw in vs. rebuilding. Any good sources of used multifuels on the west coast besides barstow truck parts and 100$ man?

Thanks
Joe

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy and welcome to the site.
Is that the edna that is way south by pismo beach?
Srodocker said that Brad in Yelm, WA had multi fuels for $1800 but I don't think they were LDSs.

m37dsl

Engine apart

Well got the motor pulled yesterday and it doesnt look good! Looks like the previous owner ran her out of oil, all bearings toast, #3 rod bearing spun on top of its self causing the piston to come up higher than tdc and hit the head. Time for another motor! Any leads would be appreciated!

I suppose i will start a thread in another forum?

Thank You
Joe