• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Steel Soldiers and just got first M1009

INcountryboy

Hey all! I just joined SS a month ago or so, and I just purchased my first M1009 an hour ago! I'd been looking for a CUCV for about 2 years. It wasn't that I couldn't find one; it was finding one with a price I liked that was the hard part. I finally found one on the GSA auction website located in Pineville, KY. I live in IN so it does make for a 4 hour and something drive but I believe for the price I paid that I still got a deal. Hoping to be able to go down and drive it back early next week (if it still runs that is). Otherwise, I was thinking about using that Uship website to find someone to bring it to me. Anyone used Uship? I would appreciate hearing anyone's prior experience with Uship. Thanks in advance for any input.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
East cantral IN? Richmond? What do you have for towing now? M1009 is a pretty easy tow. GSA trucks are certainly a shot in the dark for operability. Got pics?