• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Biding Game

SPC_romaine

I just started biding on Government Liquidation and im just trying to see what would be numbers i should work around and what i numbers i should pass for a m35a2, m920 and m916, Thanks

The M35A2 pic listed below is what im really working for at the moment, the other two theres more later. lol

Attachments

roscoe

I wouldn't post items you haven't won yet. You will draw unwanted interest and most likely drive up the price. Numbers are really going to depend on who else wants it and how badly. Good luck.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some sound advice. Keep watching. Bid early (low dollars), let the trucks go to someone else, and watch the auction results. Then, match that up against your budget and see where you are at. This is the tried and true method that most have us have used.

Preacherboy

I think what he means is throw out some low bids at an aution or two and go see in your bid history what they ended up going for so that you can get a general idea for prices. You can do that or you can just determine what your budget is and not go over it. m35a2 running winch trucks have been going between $2000-3000 and non-winch trucks from $1000-2000. M916's are really high, like over $10,000 I think in any condition and m920's are going anywhere from $4500-$17,000...most hovering around the $5000-6000 mark (except the recent rebuilds which going up to $17,000).

I watch the auctions often just to check on prices, but when I first bid I bid at 2 different events before I decided to take the plunge and buy ...I did have to go $100 over my budget to win the truck I wanted though.

kurtkds

It's like playing poker, get a feel for the game before you jump in to it. And if all possible preview before you put your money down. You'll find that people don't want to talk about active Auctions (Is a big no no on here) like stated before, it draws attention to the item and could potentially drive the price up, it's a superstition thing. LOL

Beyond that, bid till they call your bluff.

Chief_919

It's like playing poker, get a feel for the game before you jump in to it. And if all possible preview before you put your money down. You'll find that people don't want to talk about active Auctions (Is a big no no on here) like stated before, it draws attention to the item and could potentially drive the price up, it's a superstition thing. LOL

Beyond that, bid till they call your bluff.

Yup- start easy, and preview, preview, preview.

I have been buying government surplus for over 20 years, and still am uncomfortable buying something like a truck just based on pictures. GL often uses the wrong pictures and/or misrepresents the vehicle in the description.

Remember in your budget-

Bid price
10% buyer premium.
Sales tax on the price and premium
Fee for the SF-97, plus title and tags when you get it
Hauling bill to get it home, since you really don't want to hop in an unkown condition, sold as salvage truck with no tag or registration and head down the road.

Last edited:

Heavysteven

I agree, preview is the name of the game.

Please take Chief919 advise.

I got a great truck but if i had previewed all the lots. I would have had the best ruck on the lot.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Try to buy close to you so you can preview and to save trans cost if it isn't a driver.

If you want to check prices go in when the auction first opens (and I mean just as it opens) and put the minimum bid in.

You will get outbid but you can watch the outcome and what each one sold for...DO NOT do this right before the auction ends or you may end up owning several vehicles. I bought four deuces at once that way.

Just my input for what it is worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks