• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to the big stuff

roughroad

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and to owning a deuce and a half. however i have had jeeps for the last 15 or so years.

any how i just bought (as in today) a 1952 M series GMC 6x6 built buy Memphis equipment company.

my question is what in the world have i gotten my self in to/what if anything do i need to know about my truck.

oh by the way its a fire truck with a 1000 gal tank and it seems at the moment that every thing works.

thanks for any advice or what ever ya'll decide to leave for me to learn.

zout

11 posts already and you have not learned the golden #1 rule

nopics

sounds cool - post pics so we know you really have it or taken a pic while it sat in your neighbors yard

Stan Leschert

We need some more details as to which truck you have, before we could refine the advice. If you look in the reference section of this site, you will find many Technical Manuals. The first one to read would be the generic drivers manual for all military vehicles.

Stalwart

UM, I hope they didn't rebuild the transmission, they are rather notorious for bad transmission work. Mine lasted 70 miles and a friend of mine had one last not much longer. That said, the M211 is my FAVORITE Deuce!

fasttruck

A thousand gallon tank will hold 8000 pounds of water which will overload your truck or has overloaded it in the past if they put that much in. Tanker roll overs are a major source of fire apparatus accidents these days.