• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the deuce, quick question on humming pump.

Micmada

Once I shut it down after a trip, I hear some kind of humming which must be the lift fuel pump. Am I correct? Also, are these originally equipped with a hair drier, if not I was thinking of installing one if possible. I am thinking of changing the fuel filters too but I hope it is not going to cause one of those gremlins with the idler stuck in shut position.

thanks.

Micmada

If you haven't already or can't confirm last maintenance performed, I would change all oils, filters and lube all fittings.

No air dryer to my knowledge but good idea to install 2 drain valves with lanyard to facilitate actuation.
I have changed the oil filters but not yet the greased the grease points. I think I need to change the front boots and check the seals and brakes because the brake force is weak (wet?).

I empty the air tanks opening the drain cocks after a day's ride but sometimes there still is a bit of moisture recondensing overnight. Wondering if I am going to leave them open instead.

INFChief

The in-tank fuel pump is electric. With the master power switch on you should hear it. If it ever stops working, remove the 2 small nuts on that top cover then carefully remove that small cover. There’s a small round automotive fuse under the cover that goes bad. That, or the ground is corrode.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks