• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Deuce

Bobbedcrusher

Hey guys im new to the duece world and i must say im excited to get one. I've been doing some research and feel confident in buying one. But i wanted you alls opinion first. I found this one sorta close by and want to see if it was a good deal. What do you all think? Looks pretty clean. My plan is to put 53s on it, what ever size that equals to, havent really gotten down the tire sizes yet.

Thanks,

Military M35A2 Duece 6x6 Truck Bobbed 4X4 Monster M35: eBay Motors (item 110561243158 end time Jul-24-10 21:04:31 PDT)

Heavysteven

It missing an axle...truck looks good though. All I see is new paint though and a bob job. Was all the maintenance done, seals, pack bearing, brake service. $8k would get you a very nice winch truck with all the axles.:-D

Good luck hope you get it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Addiction Support Group.:cookoo:

I agree with Heavy......8K is a big chunk of change.....even for a good looking truck like that.

Do some research on the site and see if you can get some insight into the bobbing process and what it entails.

You may decide to buy a stock deuce and have someone in your area to bob it for you.

Good luck what ever you decide.

Bobbedcrusher

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

The reason why i wanted this truck was because it was already bobbed, in my area i couldnt find anyone close to do the bobbed transformation. I just didnt know if that was a very good deal or not, for it being already bobbed i figured it would save me money of having to do it myself.
I will find out about the bearings, brakes etc.

I found out it has the "D" turbo and was wanting the whister "C". Is that a straight swap bolt on or do i have to get a kit. I like the whistle, I have a 06 F250 Powerstroke so the whistle is something i enjoy hearing everyday. :beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least it's in Oklahoma. However, as stated previously, $8K is a lot of money. As Heavy said above, you can get a very nice Deuce for a lot less.

KsM715

Keep in mind that to put 53's (16.00x20 or 16's )on it, you'll have to lift it, i.e. modify the suspension again. Lift blocks will work for the rear but the front will take a whole lot more fabrication.

KsM715

Not a bad looking truck, buy it if you can afford it. Wonder what springs they used for the rear?

Looks like it has the M105 spring hangers and I bet it has the 105 springs too, which is fine but it probably has 3-4" lift blocks already on the rear.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a big fan of the "C" channel bumper. Has no towing ability and the rear lights are begging to get knocked off. I would hope that the reserve is not the same as the buy it now price. with that said maybe it can be bought for 6K. I think the 53s would be a bit much for it. Oh, the "C" turbo is a bolt on.

Bobbedcrusher

Im learning as we go guys, thanks.

As far as the springs and stuff go i will have to find out. So it looks like it already has 3-4" blocks in the rear? If running 53s is going to take alot of modification then i will scrap that idea. Whats the biggest i can run without lifting. He said the reserve was set at $5700 but when i asked him he was firm on the 8k he said yes. So i was kinda confused there. As far as the M35s go, is there a better one of the fleet or are they all the same. And if so where does this one fall.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of them are about the same. Just wait and see if you can buy it for the $5700. I don't think it will get an $8000 buy it now. 57 is a more realistic price. 1400X20 is about as big as I'd go on it. I would scrap the factory wheel and put a wider wheel with the correct bead profile on it.

RAYZER

i think the 1400's are like 48"tall, i like the bobed look but there's nothing like a 6x6 and their off road capabilitys, ide rather say it's a 6x6 than a 4x4![thumbzup]

TexAndy

14 is the width of the tire as in footprint.

20 is the diameter of the rim as viewed like a clock face.

eta: Overall diameter isn't given in the "size" of the tire. The size of the tire is just to let you know whether or not it will fit on your rims, I think.

here's a site with some known tire diameters. It's different for different types/mfgers, too I believe

http://www.militarytires.com/

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will just add, I'm a little leary of people that advertise "No leaks". I'm not saying that there isn't a completely leak free truck out there but I haven't seen it. I consider a truck to be leak free when I can look under it and there isn't so much as any oily dust on anything.

I try and advertise my trucks as "no major leaks". Which means it has a few oily spots under it but oil isn't pouring out anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks