• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Deuce

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't use blocks in the front. To lift the front will either require fab work and or re-arched springs. If you're going to modify the bob job anyway I'd just start from scratch with a stock truck or buy one that's already fixed up like you want it.

KsM715

If it has 4" blocks in the rear, your going to have to go to 8" blocks. I personally would not ride in a truck that had 8" lift blocks in the rear. To do it better (not the best but Im not a suspension fabrication expert either) it should have the spring hangers from the front of another deuce under the frame, and then you could get away with 4" lift blocks. For the front you need to completely rebuild the front spring hangers. Theres a thread on here somewhere where another member built his. If I can find it I'll link it here.

Edit: found it. for the fronts read about what this guy did. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/50778-lifting-bobbed-deuce.html

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bobbedcrusher,

That's a nice looking truck! I only object to the "buy it now" price, which seems $2-3k too large for me.......

My recommendation is to cool out, surf this forum, keep looking and find a similar truck that is bobbed with huge tires for a few G's less. It can be done if you are patient.

My .02c

Rick

RAYZER

Yes bobbedcrusher, i agree with Rick! having patients is the key, being in the right place at the right time can bring much happiness! the alternative can be dispair.

just sayin.

WOLFMAN1

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT FINDING CHEAPER DEUCES. I GOT AND OLD ONE AND BEEN WANTING TO TRADE IT OR SELL IT TO UPGRADE. WIFE THINKS I NEED SOMETHING SMALLER CAUSE OF MY INJURY FROM WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SEVICE. LIKE THE BOBED TRUCK BUT I STILL THINK FULL SIZE ORIGINAL IS THE WAY TO GO WITH A WINCH. GOOD TRUCK, POSTED THERE. I SAY BUY WHAT YOU WANT BUT CHECK YOUR RESOURCES FIRST.:grd:

WOLFMAN1

I DONT KNOW WHAT AN AIR O MATIC STEERING KIT IS. WIFE WANTS ME TO SELL IT ANYWAYS CAUSE SHE THINKS THAT I MIGHT PSYCOLOGICLY WOULD HURT SOME ONE. I THINK SHE IS JELOUS CAUSE I FINALLY GOT A BIGGER TRUCK THAN HER. HOOORAH:grd: