• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to the forum few basic questions about a M35a2

schimms15

Thanks you guys have been great, the last question I have is the weight thing again about the on road being double of the off road and it marked for off road. is it 2.5 tons off road and 5 tons on road in the bed for an M35a2?

tobyS

it may be different else where but in this state you cant exceed the gross combined weight in the owners manual or on the door tag. It doesn't matter what fees you pay. The weights in the door tags indicate what the truck is engineered to move control and stop with.
But NOT in the military trucks and official papers say so.

Go to the link Wes provided and the table. It sure wouldn't hurt to carry a copy of that TM statement and the table, just in case there were a problem.

I see my tractor can haul 55,000 of fifth wheel trailer combined weight. That's good to know.