• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the forum..Just ordered a bobbed deuce

colorado deuce

Just wanted to say hi to evryone..i am new to this forum however i have been lurking around
the site for a while and doing some research..there is a ton of info here.

I just put in a order for a bobbed deuce all re-painted and gone thru...cant wait to bring her home.

anyways just wanted to say hi to everyone:carnac:BOB deuce...jpgThis is not my actual truck..But mine will be very similar...

Last edited:

colorado deuce

Thanks caliber1..i have been reading all day..the drivetrain seems pretty straightforward. the 24V electric is new to me.
The axles i am familiar with.

I have noticed there are alot of opinions as far as bobbing the truck or leaving it stock..in my case bobbing the truck
makes more sense for what im doing..i ordered the truck with a detroit locker in the rear,other than that it will be just the basics.
is does come standard with a heater..im not worried about the a/c..

I was hoping to get some feedback from some people who four wheel these trucks..
Should i have some weight added to the rear for better traction?
Or is the truck heavy enough as is? Im sure i can pile up sandbags in the bed if i needed.

caliber1

CD, I haven't had mine off road enough to give you advice on adding weight. Plus, mine is not bobbed, and has the 11.00 X 20 michelin XLs on it. They pull pretty good. A friend down here has the same tires on his and it amazed me last month in Richloam. Welcome to the addiction, you'll be looking for a trailer next.rofl

colorado deuce

Yeah i have a set of the XL's i bought from boyce..i think they are 47''s..I put them on my 87 chevy 2500..they are great offroad.
My deuce will have the same..

Addiction..i havent even got the truck and im already making plans..they told me approx 6-8 weeks before the truck is ready..

I need another addiction to hold me over..lol..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks