• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the Forum, My New M923

Brian891

Hey guys, so i've been ghost following steel soldiers for a long time now, while I was cooking up the funds to get my first truck. I started off solid'ly wanting a Deuce and a Half, with not even considering anything else in my mind.. because I was ignorant, and didnt realize the vast array of other vehicles on the used market. So after some time and research I came accross the M929 series of trucks. I have to say, i was totally reshaped. The 5Ton's were bigger, looked better from the front, could carry more weight , and had the available Allison Auto 5Spd. I was sold.

Long story short, I came across this gem in South Jersey last week and decided to pull my money out of the bank and take a drive down to check her out. I cant begin to tell you how impressed I was with the condition on this thing. I mean, no rust, rot, engine and tranny were tight, EVERYTHING on the truck works with the exception of the speedometer (broken cable). I mean, a truely clean truck for an 88 that was re-conditioned (new engine, trans, tires, and paint job) in 2004.

I got this pup for $6k , came with 3/4 tank of Diesel, and drove it back 4 `1/2 hours home. Battling with insurance companies now to see how I can get the best rate on it. Im not sure how to go about getting antique or historic insurance in NY, most companies say that because of its size that it cant be done. Any input on that would be great.

I will be starting a Build thread this week for it, as I will be making some major changes in the upcoming months.

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What year is on the ownership documents ? you need 25 years old in NY for HX plates . Due to the weight of the 5 ton , you will need a CDL with AB endorsement . You will have to check around for HX insurance , some will not insure a 5 ton due to the weight . BTW , I would not drive around with the DEALER plates unless you have a CDL , nice ride good luck , Bob K

mydingo

Congratulations on the truck. 6k is a great price I would of bought it for that and not have over a 4 hr drive home ,have fun with it. Can not help you with the insurance as every state is different . Good luck with it . It all starts with the first one.

Glenn

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Looks like you got a good truck.

As Porky said, any discussion of insurance WILL get this thread locked or deleted. This applies to everyone. So stop it.

There are just too many variables to insurance for anyone to make a recommendation. What works for one person usually doesn't work for the next person.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks