• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the group M-220 CDN

dano152

Hi All, I found this truck at a scrap yard just outside of Camp Borden ON. It is in pretty good shape. All I wanted was the box, but the truck is so good, I think I need to fix it up and get it running. I already have a M-152, so I guess I am now a collector.

DSC08248.jpgIMG_2778.jpgIMG_2779.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS and the Early Deuce dream world.

Is that a jack-stand under the front axle? Was it off the ground? What a find! It looks very complete, a future museum piece. How's the steering wheel, roof, hood? It's got west coast mirrors, a ladder, rare box......... it is Christmas!

Haven't been this excited since I bought mine. Thanks for sharing it, beautiful.
You're in the heart of G-749 parts and knowledge country which will help.

More pics please.

dano152

Plowboy. I agree, Christmas came early. These pic were taken when I first got her home. The jack stand was because the tire on that side was flat. I have since replace the front rims and rubber with two NOS units (were they came from is for a PM some time). Cab, steering wheel and roof are good. The hood sucked but I found a new one in Georgetown. It is out getting blasted and primed and I will put it on in the spring. The engine is clean. It has just over 10,000 miles and we believe that to be true. It was running when it was parked (3 years ago) and my motor guy thinks there should be no trouble getting it going. I had never seen one with a side door. According to an expert in CDN vehicles, this is the rare M-220 Sigs Box. Side door, catwalk on roof, antenna box built in on drivers side front. The plan was to pull the box off and use it as an electrics shop for my business but after finding these things out I have decided to keep it intact and restore as much as I can. Will try to post more pics when I can.

oboyjohn

I am going to be up in the Borden/Wasaga beach area for the holidays. Which town was the yard and was there anything else " green " up there?

dano152

There are a few old 135 hulks, an M-152 I pull parts off of and a deuce tanker (which he dosent want to sell but I will post some pics any way). He isn' around much in the winter but I will see if he is going to be around.DSC08465.jpgDSC08463.jpgDSC08467.jpgDSC08466.jpg

dano152

Here are a couple of more door shots from my sigs van. Also, I found the cover for the heater and installed the new tires and rims on the front axel.DSC00765.jpgDSC00762.jpgDSC00767.jpgDSC00766.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks