• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to the m35a2 and need help

keway

to day i blew a head gasket.
truck fired up right away then stumbled a little then died.
tried again then it wouldn't crank over.
after a couple of tries it fired again and i kept it running. then friend said it was leaking radiator fluid. i shut down. and saw head gasket poking out:cry::cry::cry:
opened air filter=water in bottom (not radiator fluid). where did it come from?
first word that comes to my head is hydrolocked.
any help would be great THANKS!!!

keway

after a couple of tries it fired again and i kept it running. then friend said it was leaking radiator fluid. i shut down. and saw head gasket poking out:cry::cry::cry:

Divemaster920

Banned
I thought that the filter can had a drain on it. I will have to check. But water in the can could come from driving in the rain, the rain gets sucked in and settles in the bottom.
When checking for hydrolock make sure the fuel is OFF. If she will crank over she is not hydrolocked. When you pull the head you will probably(prolly):-D see water/fuel mixture in the cylinder.
I don't know how to move this thread to the Deuce forum but someone will.
Curtis

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The old style head gaskets DO stick out from the block and heads. Weeping is normall till it gets to opereating temp. There is a PS mag article about it.

stumps

The old style head gaskets DO stick out from the block and heads. Weeping is normall till it gets to opereating temp. There is a PS mag article about it.
I'd like to read that article. Do you have any idea which one it is, or how I could search for it?

Thanks!

-Chuck

Scarecrow1

Bad luck man . I had Heads blow in different ways in the past . Is their water in the oil or oil in the water ? I don't think it was sudden thing , it sounds like it could have been leaking into the piston for a while, and it just let go at the moment you started it. It mabe from the gasket that was not installed properly in the first place . Either way you are luckey it didn't blow on the road and run hot and really screw things up. I thought Hydrolock was when a head blew and dumped water into the piston causing it to freeze up. Either way good luck with your repair.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think you must have posted the same thread twice, keway, one at 0436 hours and one at 0452. I am going to merge the 2 threads into one so that scarecrow1's response isn't lost.

keway

yes there is water in the oil, the oil is now gray so im assuming its from the last time i ran the truck(had same prob. but i actually started, thought it was the lack if battery power.) it has been raining quite a bit, but the truck was not run during and the stack was covered. there is also evidence of water in the turbo as well, and in valve cover

caju

Hi to all, Im new here so a few words. Im from Brasil and on a process of buying a M35A2C, that was built in 1965, and was revamped in 1992 in US for the brazilian mariners. At this process the gave her a fifth gear and the Cummins engine, so I should say that's when she got the C.
Well on the presentation of this beast. We had a problem when we were going to clinb a pretty angled wall and it seems like toe traction wasn't working on the front or it wasn't engaged. so he did a few movements and nothing So he tried on reverse and apparently it went on and manage to climbe it. When we went back and inspected bellow he told me it would be a lack of adjustment on a part that for me i would descrie as the fork for the reduction on the gears (lower gear) that could be activated fwd or reverse (does it make sence? excuse my english anyway). Any help with this is a simple solution or a major one?
Also the 5 gear is on the side of the 4 and not oposite to it is this normal?
Thanks a lot for any help, and my Avatar is a Engesa EE25 brazilan made for the curious.....

kc5mzd

Hi Caju, Welcome
I think you are suposed to start a new thread when you change the topic. I think you are talking about a transfer case problem. They made two diffrent kinds. If you have the old type it could do wierd things. The new transfer cases have a air valve to engage the front axle, does yours have one?

If you start a new thread you will get alot better responses.