• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the M35A2 next question

Phil P

Hi

The company we purchased from doesn’t normally sell the trucks they cut them up and sell the components to the hobbyist.

I found that this transfer case jumps out of 6X6 low range when I ask about this I was told it is normal and there is a transfer case with an air lockout to hold them in 6X6 low.

Any comments would be helpful

Phil P

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
High/Low is the lever near the seat.

The front wheel drive is either a lever on the dash (air shift) or a sprag (does it by itself - no manual activation required).

Popping out of low range isn't normal.

Last edited:

Phil P

Hi

Thanks

I will check on this Tuesday when I get back to the truck.

The lever by the front seat defiantly has 4 positions. Full up the next detent, then neutral then lower detent.

I would assume if it only shifts from High to Low then it would have 3 positions up for high center for neutral and down for low.

What would the extra position be on our truck?

I have used transfer cases on 4X4 civilian truck that shifted full up 4X2 high next detent 4X4 high the next detent neutral then full down 4X4 low.

The company we purchased from doesn’t normally sell the trucks whole they cut them up and sell the parts to hobbyist and truck owners using them for whatever purpose.

Now for it jumping out of low range what would be the cause of this? Any ideas would be a help.

Like I said the seller told me they all did this. This may well be all the ones he gets do it. This may not mean it is normal for a properly maintained truck.

Phil P

Phil P

Hello

Here is what I have determined so far.

After looking at a air shift transfer case I find the air shift only engages the front axle drive and has nothing to do with the H, H6X6,N,and L6X6 shift lever.

I have determined this transfer case has the same shift pattern as I described in #1 and the front axle is engaged when the transmission is shifted in to granny low regardless of the location of the transfer shift lever.

I find this transfer case is rubber mounted and can be move a distance about ½ inch when the shift lever is pushed or pulled to its limit. I think the transfer case popping out of L is the result of movement in the transfer case.

At this time my question is has anyone hard mounted the transfer case so it doesn’t move? Does this cause any problems?

Thanks to all of you that have given me information in this post as well as the original post.

Phil P