• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the scene just picked up first deuce

Hotrodherman

Hey everyone, just picked up my first deuce 1969 kaiser runs and drives winch works soft top in ok shape. All the windows are cracked. It has a total of 6220 miles on it. Little bit of rust on the cab. Non turbo air shift and a heater. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with where to get parts Around here in jersey or Philly. (24v bulds. headlight.windshield frames) I'm a upholstery guy so the top and seats aren't a problem at all. Also was wondering how I made out I picked it up for 1900 did I pay to much?
Thanks for everyone help in advance
Andy

Marlboro

Try jimmo (caveman trucks) in hammonton, eastern surplus, mephis equipment and the list goes on and on... What are you going to do with it? I'm close to you. Trail ride often.

Hotrodherman

Never been trail riding in my life. I have always built 50s hot rods. This is my first truck that's not on the ground. I have always wanted a deuce. So I sold my 59 Lincoln and went out looking for one.

roscoe

Hello, 1,900 is pretty good price for a winch truck. I bought a couple of windshield frames with glass for about 150 each. 1000bulbs.com has good prices. I bought around 30 packs of bulbs for less than 14 dollars.

Last edited:

Hotrodherman

He wanted 2500 for the truck. But the seats were bad and the canvas top was bad. The cab has some rot in it. It needs a headlight. I have been driving it daily for 2 days so far with no problems. I wanna do the filters and change the oil in it since the guy never did anything to it

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on the Deuce, these trucks are wonderful to work on and play with, you are in store for a LOT of good times with this one!
KK

Akicita

Sounds like a good deal for the truck so far. I bought mine earlier this year. Darn uncomfortable but fun to drive. I'm north of Philadelphia. A Deuce is like a tractor. Once you have one, you find things to do with it and will soon begin to wonder how you got this far without one.