• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the site and the M37

afsecpolice

Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the site and to collecting military vehicles. I am former USAF Security Forces and recently picked up a 1953 M-37. Mostly original but needs some minor work before I can get it on the road. I look forward to restoring it and soaking up everything on here like a sponge.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Thank you for your service.

Look like you have a good starting point for you OD addiction. (it is an addiction, 12 step programs do not help)

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the fraternity! You will find a world of technical data and expertise here, along with a lot of real good folks.....and an occasional (well you find them everywhere!) The M37 is a great truck and you have found a really big support group here.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! The body looks straight, seems like most of the correct engine parts are there, and apparently "Bubba" didn't get to the cab.

Welcome to the site and good luck with your project. Depending on how you plan to restore it, or improve it, manuals are your friend.

Please post pics and ask lots of questions.

Storm 51

tbone1004

congrats, I actually was looking at that M37 when I was on the hunt for mine but ended up with one from my local fire dept. Make sure you check out G741 as well since that is an m37 dedicated forum

TijuanaFrawley

Welcome to the forum..i hope you have a great time with this community and good luck with the collection and the restoration.
Glad to have you here.