• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the site, not to the trucks

gbwdude

Hello all,

Just found this site after being recommended by a fellow military truck lover. Love everything I've seen so far. In the not too distant future and after deployment I want to get rid of my S10 and build up a quad cab deuce from either a M35 or a M813/M818. I'd also like to know if there's anyone with a deuce (bobbed or not) near Ft. Campbell and if possible to see if a deuce is really what I want. I keep hearing they're super reliable, go anywhere trucks and it doesn't help that Xtreme 4x4 on SpikeTV has one on their show.

Thanks all,
Tyler

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Loony Bin :cookoo:

Thank you for your service to our great nation.

Fort Campbell was my first duty assignment...ahhhhh the days of my misspent youth.

There are several members in Tennesse....someone should be able to give you a check ride.

Love everything I've seen so far.
You haven't seen Papa Bear yet. roflrofl

1stSarge

Hi Tyler! Welcome to the site. I’m sure you will get a lot of responses in that neck of the woods.

The search function up on the right will be your best friend. While you are waiting, you can read until your eyeballs explode.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd also like to know if there's anyone with a deuce (bobbed or not) near Ft. Campbell and if possible to see if a deuce is really what I want.
I'm about 40 miles from there in D!ckson,TN. You can come see my truck if you'd like.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This future NCO works for a living!:eek:
You can't see the Master Sgt. rank in my avatarrofl
......welcome again young trooper.

If you can make it to the GA Rally in Oct you will have the time of your life and see some MV's that will knock your socks off.

Papa Bear may be older than dirt (his first MV was a chariot) but he and his crew bring some cool vehicles to the rally.

Can you say ARMOR!!!!!

Come see us there.

gbwdude

If you can make it to the GA Rally in Oct you will have the time of your life and see some MV's that will knock your socks off.
That's around the time we'll be getting ready for deployment but I'll keep it in mind. I will be hitting up the Iola Vintage Military Show up in Wisconsin though, I'm taking leave to go to it! You'd think being a mechanic I'd be sick of seeing green trucks... but nope! The oldest beast that runs in our motor pool (we have a M813 that someone killed with a telephone pole but haven't turned it in yet) is a M934 and although it runs like crap I still like it.

Enough outta me, gotta get some Z's.

Tyler

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the Green Iron Loony Bin :cookoo:

Thank you for your service to our great nation.

Fort Campbell was my first duty assignment...ahhhhh the days of my misspent youth.

There are several members in Tennesse....someone should be able to give you a check ride.

You haven't seen Papa Bear yet. roflrofl

Welcome

gbwdude

Today I had the privelege to go see m16ty's deuce... it was a great day. Got to see it, drive it and shoot the bull for almost the whole afternoon. Thanks a lot m16ty, I really appreciated it.

Tyler