• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to these trucks

MA1911

Hey guys I just got a 91 M923A2 it was remaned in 2010. It's got the central air, brand new super singles. 25000 miles on it. My questions are; what is the capacity of the fuel tank? How capable are these trucks in the desert? What should I be aware of? Are they reliable? If i was to list it for sale what are they worth? Any advise is appreciated thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

The fuel tank holds 80 gallons IIRC. By central air, do you mean a/c in the cab or, CTIS? How capable in the desert, isn't that is where we sent these trucks in the last 11 years. Its reliability depends on your wrenching & maintenance capabilities; along with a good parts source when you need them. The rest of the questions, like how much is it worth...resides with who will pay your price in cash to take it off your hands. Uncle Sugar is selling lots of these trucks now @ prices all over the place.

Its a great truck, but too big for my non CDL DL & insurance paying abilities!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome , most of your questions will be answered by reading this TM9-2320-211-10.pdf
Being "remaned in 2010" doesn't mean a whole lot other than they make them look pretty . Red River Army Depot rebuilds are the worst . New paint, hoses, tires ect.
Your best bet is to start reading the threads in the 5 ton forum and learn about the trucks , there are no quick simple answers . As for value it's what someone is willing to pay . Some when for around $2000 at a live auction in Atlanta yesterday .

ke5eua

Please, for your safety and the safety of the bus full of nuns, read the tm's, get familiar with the truck before heading out on a Sunday outing.
If you are close to a big parking lot, take it to it and go through the annual, semi-annual, daily before and after pmcs. Get aquatinted yourself with every control and what it does.

These trucks can kill very easily if you don't treat them with respect.

I took my five year old for a ride around town today, he loved it.

MA1911

Thank you I will. Is there anything spastic I should know?
It has CTIS not A/C. Where can I get the special jumper cable at?

Please, for your safety and the safety of the bus full of nuns, read the tm's, get familiar with the truck before heading out on a Sunday outing.
If you are close to a big parking lot, take it to it and go through the annual, semi-annual, daily before and after pmcs. Get aquatinted yourself with every control and what it does.

These trucks can kill very easily if you don't treat them with respect.

I took my five year old for a ride around town today, he loved it.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhh so your the one that got that truck in Fontana last week.... special jumper cable you mean the nato slave cable? you can get em off eday or other 5 ton parts sites they cost a lot and the only other vehicle that jump you is another military vehicle.

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes where can I get those? I've been looking for articles that are about the M923A2 but no atticals say M923A2

check my post up top.. The truck in your picture.. is a truck that bidding ended last week in Fontana I was going to bid on that one but I want the newer engine one..

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mulemac01 is this a bad truck? I got it as partial trade.

no no no it's a good truck looks good I would of bided on it but I knew it was going to be the hot truck that everybody bids on so I went with the other one. Good thing it is has the cargo cover on it u don't need to mess and kill your self putting it on. the M923A2 are great fun trucks I've been wanting one for a few years now .. and now I have one I think you'll be happy

Last edited:

MA1911

Mulemac01- right on thanks. I feel so dumb asking questions like this but this is the first time I've messed with these trucks I pick it up tomorrow. And I'll be driving it home maybe I'm just over thinking all of this.

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mulemac01- right on thanks. I feel so dumb asking questions like this but this is the first time I've messed with these trucks I pick it up tomorrow. And I'll be driving it home maybe I'm just over thinking all of this.

I'll be picking mine up also tomorrow maybe we'll see each other.. I'll help you anyway I can with questions and what not

steelandcanvas

I feel so dumb asking questions like this but this is the first time I've messed with these trucks I pick it up tomorrow. And I'll be driving it home maybe I'm just over thinking all of this.
Like suggested earlier in the thread, download and read at least the Operator's Manual since you have very limited knowledge about these vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks