• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to this

daniel17319

Ill talk to him see if hes got anything for sale I talk to him on saturday if hes willing to sell some his other goodies like m715s hes got a few more deuce and halfs PM me next week.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't worry about it, we don't really talk about buying and selling in the forums. We try to keep that in the classifieds.

daniel17319

I was really thinking about bobing a deuce but what then I have an extra axle sitting around Im still thinking about all this, I need to learn more about lockers.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Somebody might buy it. They're real popular in Florida (and incredibly expensive, as things go). Otherwise, you can always scrap it.
I'm going to be scrapping one myself in the next month or two from a bobber I'm having done. No room to hang on to it. Wish I could swap it out for something. Good luck with it.

daniel17319

I got some specific questions

Has anyone put one of those comfy air ride seats from an 18 wheeler in there deuce, I would think that would be nice.

Also anyone put AC in there deuce sorry I live in the southwest and spent many deployments with no AC NEVER AGAINaua

What are the advantages to bobbing a deuce besides being able to park better at walmart, and has anyone tried to move up both axles further up then shorten.

My friend has worked on many a large trucks and owned a 18 wheeler he said alot of lockers can tare up your axles, any truth this or are they just noisy on the road, and will it use more gas if I get one.

Also i have a friend with a 6.9 cummins deisel in the crate would there be any advantages to putting it in, what are the negatives to the multi fuel engine?

Ill be looking at my deuce this next week and purchaseingf hopefully

Are there any other modifications that are recomended.

edit more questions

how big can I get on a 6 wheel deuce tires?

how much can i lift it too i here thats easy

I also have a friend thats going to the hunkyard talking about custom rims, can i put 5 ton rims whats the best option?

Has anyone thought about running natural gas in there deuce, Im guessing your would need to change between both fuel types charge up at home on natural gas 60 cents a gallon then get gas or diesel or whatever else somewhere else.

ill have more questions tomorow guys or tonight who knows

thanks again

Last edited:

197thhhc

We have air ride seats in one of ours, they are very nice.

There are quite a few threads on different ways to put ac in, If you search for that you will have hours of fun.

Bobbing is a good way to go if you want a more pickup type truck. plus they look awesome. But be ready for constant crowds and questions.

you can move the axles forward but its a huge undertaking.

If you are going to offroad a locker in at least the rear is good. I haven't deen any axle damage personally.

there are a couple of threads on here about cummins swaps. The multifuel is great because of the ability to run alternative fuels. The negatives are if you beat it, It will ventilate the block.

Good luck with your deuce remember, we like pictures

daniel17319

I asked a friend about moving the axles forward, he said it would not be to bad just a matter of repluming some stuff. I talked to an old army mechanic at the VA he said that shortening the drive shaft could affect the torque and I might break something? He said best way to go is just remove rear axle.

emr

None of the above questions have been asked before :) Just sayin,all in fun for sure...But if U do a search on them first here, U will answer the easy ones and then U can be much more ready to ask the ones that will really matter about owning and running one, the TM;s do cover most of that :) Good luck, :)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the above questions have been asked before :) Just sayin,all in fun for sure...But if U do a search on them first here, U will answer the easy ones and then U can be much more ready to ask the ones that will really matter about owning and running one, the TM;s do cover most of that :) Good luck, :)

Does U mean you as in the OP or does it mean EWE as in female sheep ?

daniel17319

Yah i been doing some research honestly Heath helped me the most he gave basic info so i knew what to search for.:driver:

I am becoming more and more anti bobber im not a M35 traditionalist I think thats a silly term in the first place, ehhh It seems like i would be doing alot of work to a vehicle to lessen its capabilities. I guess if i have to go to the store in a m35 ill just have to park far away. Ive been hearing exercise is good for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks