• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New (to us) M1079 A1

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate everyone's input. I'm pretty sure we will be keeping it. Who knows, maybe a few years or 10 or 20 years from now we will sell it. Hopefully we will make a profit. If we don't, we at least had fun with it. Our Scouts have experienced things that not that many people have. I think working on this truck maybe helps them understand what it means to be a veteran and helps them understand the sacrifice of so many. Or maybe not, at least we have provided them with the opportunity to experience those things.
Thanks to those who understand and support our efforts with these young men.

We have done quite a bit of work on the truck and trailer, I'll post some pics here in the next week or two with some more upgrades that we've done.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will you have the truck and MKT at Tejada Living History event this weekend? I can't make it due to the broken knee but it would be nice to have one there.

kc5mzd

KG5RKO I just noticed your call sign on your post. Congrats on your new license.

Last edited:

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark,
No, I wasn't able to make it, I had other commitments. Since I quit teaching there it's been more and more difficult each year to go. It was a great fundraiser though. I don't have any contacts out there anymore, I would love to go back out there next year. Give me a reminder text when its coming up. Its also a great opportunity to show some great MV's.
Hope your knee feels better soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks