• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New too site, bought a MEP-803A, bad head gasket

Ray70

It's actually very easy to fix a bent push rod using a bench vise and a straight edge or something flat to roll it on, like a piece of glass etc.
I bought 1 new one, then bent 3 more ( by failing to read the warning in the TM ) so I started straightening them rather than buying new at $18 a pop.
Otherwise yes, Mayi Diesel is your best source. You can email direct at sales@MayiDiesel.com they can often give you a better deal if you go direct, rather than buy from their ebay auction.

Ray70

Its in both the 2cyl and 4 cyl engine TM. 9-2815-253-24 ( 4 cyl. ) The funny thing i Just noticed is the 2 cyl. TM says to tighten down the rocker arms and let the motor sit for something like an hour if using old lifters and 1/2 hour if using new lifters, then dead crank the motor for 15 seconds before trying to start it.... something like that
The 4 cyl. TM just says the lifters will hydraulically lock and if using new lifters to dead crank for 15 seconds. I doesn't seem to tell you to let it sit like the 2 cyl. TM does.
Either way, I can attest to the fact that you need to let them sit a while, ( I just leave them all a couple hours ) otherwise the valves will hit the pistons and bend some pushrods.

jamawieb

Yes you want to let it sit for 45 minutes so the lifters will bleed down. I made the mistake one time of not doing it and then found 2 lifters loose after start up.