• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy for my Deuce

pdstout

Guys I could not help it! I just got this twin MG42 mount., and the best place I can find to mount it is in my M35a2. I allready have a MG42 ring mount , now I will soon have a twin mount in the bed. It should warm up here soon, and I will have it mounted. I will post more pitcures when I get it in, with the 42s on it.
P. Stout

Attachments

Last edited:

booger-hooker

pdstout, nice MG-42 setups you have there...did you buy the twin MG-42 mount from IO or Sarco? We're an 03FFL/SOT and have two MG-42's as well, two of our members have 10 or 12 deuces between them as well as few trailers. I look forward to seeing pics of your setup when you're all done with it. Will this be a setup that you'll back up to the firing line at Knob Creek by chance?

jime

Pete,
When you installed the legs for the rigmount, did reinforce the cab? I think that m42 ring is smaller than the M66 and I wondered if you thought it was necessary.

pdstout

It was reinforced for the M66 ring. The legs were on my truck, along with the braceing. I just adjusted the mount to fit the MG42 ring. My truck did not have the M66 ring, just the legs and reinforcement.
Pete