• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new toys for the sheriff's office

hughscpa

You have to go through the law enforcement agency, They pay somewhere in the amount of $300 to belong to the LESO program. After that, you watch the website and put in requests for ones you want. If they are available and you qualify for it, it is yours if they approve it. Only cost is whatever shipping you may have. Very sweet deal if you ask me.

Does anyone know how it works for fire depts? Do you have to go throught the LESO program with hte police dept and then they give it to the fire dept or is there another avenue to go down?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

NEIOWA

Does anyone know how it works for fire depts? Do you have to go throught the LESO program with hte police dept and then they give it to the fire dept or is there another avenue to go down?
See your State Forester. Thru Fed Forestry. Title program is Fire Fighter Program (FFP. Fairly new and quite a few states don't participate yet. Old loan program is Fed Excess Property Program (FEPP). No charge to the FD.

All HMMWV are loan have to go back the to the DRMO they are issue from (for demil/scrap).

Iowa Forester has decided they won't go the the HMMWV program due to the return issue.

AllenEM

US forestry Department is not going be using them for Fire departments because they are not rated for the weight of the water tank and pump unit or that is what they have told us. our police department got two and I called to see if we could get some for the FD and that when they told me.
i'm the fire chief for my little town. I can get a Deuce or 5 ton if I want ( which we did get a deuce)

Last edited:

Old Duece

Ones I looked over at Ft McCoy were early models. Low mil out of the Guard/Reserves. So as built 6.2l.

I don't know what practice has been in the last 10yrs if brokem 6.2l are replaced with 6.5l?
A 6.5 wil fit will replace a 6.2, Had to do that with a cucv out here about 8 months ago have to swap over incection pumps and manifolds but its pretty much a straight up swap, very easy to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks